We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Kangaroo: A typical marsupial from Australia's plains
Main information and features:
- The Kangaroo is a marsupial mammal animal.
- Kangaroo habitat is the plains of Australia and Papua New Guinea.
- The food of kangaroos consists of fruits and vegetables.
- An adult kangaroo weighs on average 80 pounds. Regarding height, they measure on average from 1 to 1.40 meters.
- The female's gestation period is 30 to 40 days. In each pregnancy only one puppy is born. The puppy is born very immature. It is in the marsupium (kind of purse of the kangaroo mother) that it will develop for a year. You also get breastfeeding and mother protection.
- Kangaroos hair is thick and most species have dark gray or brown hair (cream and chest region).
- Kangaroos are fast animals. An adult can reach up to 50 km / h speed.
Curiosities about Kangaroos:
- The Kangaroo is the animal symbol of Australia.
- Macropus rufus kangaroos, known as red kangaroos, can reach up to 1.40 meters in height. This species is the largest in the world among all marsupials.
- Red kangaroos can jump to a height of almost 2 meters.
- Male kangaroos often fight to gain reproduction rights with a female.